Phuket with its rain-forests and hilly regions is an attraction to many honeymooners and you should witness this place once in your lifetime. A multitude of honeymooners travel to Phuket every year from all around the world. Couples, in particular, seem to gravitate towards the scenic beauty of the city. Hence, this is one of the must-visit places in the world.
There is no doubt that Phuket is the most romantic destinations in Thailand. The pristine beaches, breathtaking sunsets, and serene blue oceanic waters make this island city a perfect honeymoon abode. You’ll find a combination of all the ingredients of a perfect romance in one city. You can also hop from one island to another and spend some hours in luxury spas. You can enjoy your day with an amazing sunset in a trendy beach club or seafront restaurant. There are also other activities to enjoy with your loved ones during your trip.
Phuket provides endless opportunities for honeymoon couples for a perfect holiday, far from the crowds. We are listing some of the best things for honeymoon couples that will give an unforgettable experience.
Places with stunning views in Phuket:
- Kata Noi Beach: Kata Noi beach is a relaxing place. Although it is a smaller beach, it is quite popular. You’ll see soft sand, crystal clear water, and lush green jungle surrounding it. Surfers can really enjoy the waves here.
- Pansea Beach: Pansea beach is an extremely popular beach on the west coast of Phuket. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in Phuket. You’ll witness coconut trees surrounded by the greenish-blue waters of the Andaman Sea at this place. If you love adventure, you can also enjoy snorkeling at this beach.
- Naithon Beach: Nai Thon is a beautiful beach with large resorts and villas. It is an ideal spot to spend your time alone with your loved one. You’ll enjoy the brilliant beauty of the island’s virgin jungle and feel the winds along the coastline.
- Nai Yang Beach: The Nai Yang beach is a part of Sirinath national park and thus you won’t see much commercial development. However, you will see some crowd on the weekends as many families, groups of friends or couples tend to have picnic parties at the beach.
- Kamala Beach: The beautiful Kamala beach is one of Phuket’s most loving spots for couples. Many long-tail boats, best hotels, and restaurants make it a popular tourist destination in Phuket. It is extremely popular among wedding photographers as they can get the romantic spark of a newly married couple.
- Windmill Viewpoint: It is located in between Ya Nui and Nai Harn beaches in South Phuket. You will see tall and white windmills facing the sea, which looks like airplane propellers. The hilltop viewpoint features the best views of Phuket which you can enjoy with your life partner.
- North of Surin beach: Surin beach is one of the most beautiful locations in Phuket that boasts about lovely soft sands covered by tropical almond, palm, and pine trees. The pristine Andaman beach on the other side gives a romantic photoshoot destination adding a bit of texture and nature to the background. The place has a good selection of fashion boutiques as well, which can add some glam to your memories.
- Bon Island: Bon Island is a perfect romantic destination far away from the tourist crowds of Phuket. The deserted sandy beaches, palm trees, and the long tail boats will provide apt spots for clicking awesome photos. It is a pleasant place to visit for couples.
- Laem Singh Beach: It is a popular spot for its isolated nature. This place is the most picturesque place on the west coast of Phuket. Click some romantic pictures beside smooth rocks and the verdant hillsides. You will see lovely environment, especially during the sunset.
- Phromthep Cape: Phromthep Cape is the most photographed and the best-known location in the island city of Thailand. You can go to the southernmost hill of the island to watch the sunset from the peak.
- Old Phuket Town: The old streets of Phuket town are quite popular among travelers. The streets certainly look the most colorfully covered with beautiful old buildings. The old Sino-Portuguese building is an awesome place with courtyard, time-worn walls and is best suitable for some romantic snaps.
Island Hopping (Explore the nearby islands)
- Coral Island: It is a beautiful destination located just 3 km southeast of Phuket. You can sense the peace and calmness during the night. Rent deck chairs and sun loungers during your day tour and enjoy with your partner. You’ll find impressive cuisine, buffets, and a wide range of food options on the island.
- Phang Nga Bay: The distinctive limestone karsts and the emerald green water makes the beach very popular in Phuket. Ko Panyee and James Bond Island are the two most famous spots in the bay. You can enjoy the outstanding scenery of these islands that include the limestone cliffs and calm beaches.
- Similan Island: Similan Island is just located 84 km from the northwest of Phuket and is one of the best-known island groups in the Andaman Sea. It is one of the favorite destinations for honeymoon travelers. If you want to explore the world-class adventurous activities, Similan Island is the best option for you.
- Racha Island: The Racha islands is 12 km from Phuket city and is best known as a diving destination among the travelers. With a number of bungalows and resorts, it is considered as the best solitude place. It is also considered as a perfect place for adventurous couples.
- Khai Island: Koh Khai island is a small island located at Phang Nga Bay and you can enjoy half a day tour to this island from Phuket.
- White Water Rafting: You will enjoy the white water rafting through the jungle and have a thrilling trip from the Phang Nga rafting camp. You’ll enjoy the rain forests with an exciting level-wise excursion. You can combine the white water rafting with Elephant Trekking and ATV rides in your package.
- Sea Kayaking: Sea Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay is an amazing experience you should not miss during your trip. You will surely discover the hidden world as you weave along the crystalline limestone caves in your canoe along with your life partner. This will be a unique experience on your trip through one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Some Kayaking tours are self-paddled and some you can enjoy the scenery while your guide paddles for you. This helps you in taking some breathtaking photos.
- Surfing: Phuket is the best place to gain experience in surfing and is a reputed destination for surfers. The best surfing season in Phuket mostly starts in April and ends in November. Waves will be as high as 3 meters during these periods.
- Scuba Diving: If you really wish to learn diving with your partner or want to upgrade your skills, Phuket is the best place and is one of the top 10 diving destinations in the world. You can enjoy scuba diving at Phi Phi Island and Racha Island that operate throughout the year.
- Flying Hanuman: Flying Hanuman is the complete jungle experience, you can enjoy the zip line from tree to tree 40 meters above the ground. It includes different platforms like 2 sky bridges, 3 spiral stairways, and a sky rail.
- Snorkeling: The tropical waters of the Andaman Sea and the western coast of Phuket are ideal for snorkeling. You’ll enjoy the clear, calm, and mild beach with its colorful and vibrant marine life. The best time for snorkeling is from November-April when the sea’s at its placid best.
- Soi Bangla Road: The Bangla Road really comes to a lively atmosphere when the sunsets. You’ll see the area surrounded by neon lights, loud music, and beer bars. It is a lively and friendly place jammed with bars and pubs. Most of the bars are open-fronted. There are several go-go bars, beer bars, pubs, restaurants, and discos. You will also experience street performances that are very common.
- Simon Cabaret: Simon Cabaret show theatre in Patong gives such an experience that, it will be like going into a movie house. You can listen to the saxophone music with dimmed lights. This is a real live show mostly like the Las Vegas-style, since 1991!
- Phuket Fantasea Show: Phuket Fantasea is the biggest show with trapeze artists, performing elephants, and other animals with exotic storylines. You’ll enjoy a wonderful evening in the Fantasea theme park that offers carnival-like games, lots of shopping opportunities, and food outlets. It is a very impressive and great entertainment venue for all.
- Go-Go bars: Go-Go bars (Strip clubs) are friendly places to have some drinks along with dancing, music, and fun party vibe to enjoy (for adults only). The girls dance on a central stage and perform various types of vibrant shows at regular times. You can sit around the stage bar and enjoy the extravagant activities performed by the girls.
Best hotels in Phuket for couples (5-star Hotels)
- Amari Phuket: It is a long-established restaurant located at the southern end of Patong beach. It is a completely renovated resort and a new stylish wing has also been opened since 2015. You’ll see the partial or complete view of the sea from any room. This is the most stylish and modest resort that has always been one among the favorite accommodation choices for travelers in Phuket. The modern furnishings, amenities, facilities, and easy access to Patong beach offer every possible comfort.
- JW Marriot, Phuket: Marriott is one of the best hotels in Phuket. The Marriott is just adjacent to Mai Khao beach and the Sirinath Marine National park. The rooms are spacious and each room features a balcony and a Thai style raised area.
- Sri Panwa, Phuket: The views of beautifully designed residences at Sri Panwa is one of the top locations on Phuket’s coast. The stunning views and ocean breeze, 60 meters above the Andaman Sea gives a glittering view from the hotel. The unique residences are custom designed to blend with the natural surroundings.
- Baba Beach Club: Baba Beach Club is the best restaurant for Pool Suite and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Phuket. If you want some social things like DJ and pool bar, then this is the spectacular club for both couples and friends.
- BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel: The BYD lofts boutique restaurant, bistro & bar at BYD Lofts in the Patong area fits into the luxurious category with ease. This place is stylish at the same time comfortable too with ample ventilation and discreet lighting.
Resorts and Villas (4 Star Hotels)
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort: The Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort has a distinct neo-classical theme for its lobby and fabulously fitted rooms. All the rooms are sea facing or lagoon facing. The sound of crashing waves is an integral part of the resorts persona that provides a dream destination for family and couple vacation.
- Impiana Resort: The Impiana Resort is a relaxed and older style hotel near to Bangla Road in Phuket. You’ll get generously sized rooms throughout the hotel. This resort is one of the leaders in the Phuket hospitality league.
- Trisara Villas and restaurant: Trisara is a collection of luxury pool suites and villas with beautifully landscaped grounds that gives a fantastic sea view to every accommodation choice. The amenities, hotel facilities, and dining arrangements are world-class. You can enjoy a stress-free and luxurious vacation at Trisara.
- Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort and Spa: Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort and Spa is a blend of a luxurious and economic beach resort in Phuket. It is located on the west coast of Koh Yao Yai, Phang Nga Bay. It is a fashionable resort that offers its guests a relaxing stay with the feel of the modern world. It is the perfect place to get a refreshing experience on your honeymoon trip.
- The Bell Pool Villa Resort: The Bell Pool Villa Resort consists of many individual private pool villa units of varying sizes surrounded by tropical forest. It is ideal for romantic getaways, honeymooners, and families for ultimate relaxation.
- Angsana Spa Laguna: The Angsana spa dexterously combines traditional Thai features across all branches. You’ll experience classic along with modern options and they also include signature traditional massages. You can also enjoy body polishing, massage, and bathing tailored for couples.
- Let’s Relax: It is an economical spa in Phuket that has several other branches across Thailand. It’s reputation and the variety of luxurious treatments they provide and techniques they use guarantees you a quality time. There are two locations both of them close to Patong beach for your convenience.
- Infinite Luxury Spa: Infinite Luxury Spa is an award-winning resort that combines traditional techniques with modern technologies and high-end spa products. The luxury rooms are designed in such a way that it is suitable for chemotherapies and colored light therapies as well.
- Mandana Spa: Mandara Spa has an extraordinary 16 couples’ treatment rooms which gives emphasis on romantic experience for couples. The signature traditional treatments helps loosen your muscles, soothe your skin, improve blood circulation, and give you complete relaxation.
- Anantara Spa: Here you can confidently expect top-quality facilities and treatments. It uses an award-winning range of products with herbs and plants. The couples’ treatments include refreshing lime and ginger skin polish and a moisturizing milk bath.
Best time to visit Phuket for Honeymoon: November to April
Phuket is a perfect destination for honeymooners. Couples can explore romantic, adventurous and interesting things, and enjoy every bit of the trip. Honeymoon in Phuket gives an unfathomable experience for a first time vacation with your partner in a special and unique way.
Don’t get confused while choosing places in Phuket. To make your decision easy, we have listed the above tips which will definitely help you in your planning. You can also customize your honeymoon plan with Dimaak’s Phuket Holiday Packages!