Koh Samui is one of the most underrated beach destinations in the world. Being the second-largest island in the Kingdom of Thailand, it is now catching up on international tourism. Though Koh Samui is no less than any other destination in Thailand, you will find this destination to be one of those places where you can find peace and solace amidst all the entertainment and unlimited fun!
One of the best-suited places for all kinds of travelers – Families with kids, solo travelers, honeymoon couples, and even for your buddy group. From partying on the beach to getting a relaxing Thai massage at some of Koh Samui’s luxury resorts to pumping your adrenaline by ziplining and kitesurfing along with the untouched nature and private beaches of its best beach resorts you can have it all!
One of the criteria for judging his or her vacation is the place to stay. Koh Samui will definitely get 5 stars for this category. This dreamy beach destination has lodging properties of such brilliance that it is tough to actually make yourself get out of your stays.
There are innumerable luxury resorts in Koh Samui. We have handpicked the cream of the lot for you. Have a great stay!
1. SALA Samui Resort and Spa:
One of the best luxury resorts in Koh Samui is this 5 Star Beach Resort – SALA. With its mesmerizing view of the tranquil ocean, this resort offers you an unforgettable residential experience. Its impeccable hospitality and services it offers have set a benchmark.
Offering over 60 rooms with lavish and comfortable settings there is an array of choices of the types of rooms available. Starting from the standard deluxe rooms, to Pool Villas to 2 bedroom Presidential pool villas; this best resort of Koh Samui has everything you need. The food and beverages here are also of high standards. With 24 hours of services, they have
- Two restaurants where one is specially dedicated to Mediterranean cuisines (Pangaea Restaurant) and other is a beachfront restaurant (SALA Restaurant)
- A Beach Bar
- A Poolside Bar
- And a Barbecue Grilling area.
Apart from these they also have a specialized Spa Area where they provide services on the beach and even inside the spa rooms.
- Hot stone massages
- Swedish massages and
- Thai massages
are what they offer on an appointment basis. This Koh Samui Luxury Resort also has aromatherapy, hot tub services, and steam rooms.
Not only these luxurious settings, but they do also provide some activities related to sports, in the form of
- Fitness Center and
- Yoga Center
And there are scuba diving, golfing, parasailing, snorkeling facilities surrounding this Best Luxury Resort in Koh Samui.
Rate: Starting from approx 9,000 Rupees per day
2. Anantara Resort and Spa:
One of the most famous and successful chains of Best Luxury Resorts in Koh Samui. They have two resorts in prime areas like the infamous Chaweng Beach (The Lawana Resort) and also on the Bophut Beach (Bophut Beach Resort). Each of them is unique to one another. However, both provide world-class services.
Resort on the Chaweng Beach: Just 5minutes away from the airport this luxury resort of Koh Samui has over 100 spacious and tastefully set rooms. The most attractive feature of this resort is its dining options. They have uniquely set 4 dining areas and 2 bars/lounges.
- Tree Top restaurant – overlooking the gardens and the ocean
- Pool Bar – Specialized in international cuisines and also with Children’s menu
- Crab Shack – The Seafront seafood specialist
- Mai Pai – Beachfront restaurant specialized in Thail cuisines
- Ocean Kiss Restaurant – Beachfront restaurant specialized in International cuisines
Resort on the Bophut Beach: A minute walks from the Bophut Fisherman’s village this best luxurious resort of Koh Samui is set across a sprawling garden designed by world-renowned Bill Bensley himself. It is known for its authentic and humble Thai Hospitality. The main attraction here is the activities they provide for their guests.
- Thai Boxing classes
- Yoga sessions
- Windsurfing and
These apart, they also have scuba diving, mountain biking, hiking trails, and much more surrounding them. Other than these heart-racing activities, they are also known for their delicious, mouthwatering Thai Cuisines.
These two have a full-fledged Spa Area which provides complete relaxation treatment through different massages and spa treatments along with steam rooms.
There is also a Fitness center on the premises. Apart from these they also provide 24 room service and airport transfers.
Rate: Starting from an approx of 11,000 Rupees per night
3. Banyan Tree:
Arising first on everyone’s search list is this breathtaking luxury resort of Koh Samui, established at a central area from where most of the famous beaches like Silver Beach, Lamai Beach, Crystal Bay, etc are just minutes away. With over 70 rooms with private pools in each, this is one of the best and the most luxurious resorts of Koh Samui.
The rooms are named as – Garden, Ocean, Sanctuary, Hillcrest, Royal Banyan, Grand Sanctuary, and Presidential. They also have their own world-famous restaurants and Spa areas. The Banyan Spa provides expert massages like the Hot Stone Massage, Thai massage, deep tissue massage, and Swedish Massages along with Hydrotherapy and Aromatherapy.
Apart from these relaxing treatments, this Koh Samui Luxury Resort also provides a few services which will fire up your heart rates as well. They have their own –
- Kayaking services
- Surfing Services
And other activities such as –
- Scuba Diving
- WaterSkiing and
The Dining experience is to die for with about 3 restaurants –
- Saffron – Restaurant overlooking the ocean
- Sands – Restaurant on the beach and
- The Edge – Restaurant overlooking the sea which serves breakfast, lunch and also includes children menus.
Rate: Starting from an approx of 25,000 Rupees per night
4. Silavadee Pool Spa Resort:
One of the best luxury resorts in Koh Samui, this exuberant 5 Star resort is present on a splendid vista of the private beach at the southern tip of the Lamai Beach overlooking the serene waters. Known for its beautiful location this Koh Samui luxury resort has top-notch amenity and state of the art architecture. With over 80 guest rooms that are modern yet traditionally set, the rooms range from deluxe with a private balcony to tropical pool villas to Oceanfront pool villas.
Though present on a private beach other sightseeing places are within an hour’s time of walking distance from here.
- Lamai Beach – 10 min
- Silver Beach – 25 min
- Crystal Bay – 25 min
- Lamai Street Night Market – 30 min
- Coco Splash Waterpark – 40 min
- Coral Cove Beach – 40 min
This luxury resort of Koh Samui has about 4 specialized restaurants and 2 pool sidebars and barbecue grilling areas; they serve only the best possible food to their guests.
- The Height – overlooking the ocean, this restaurant serves only dinner and specializes in authentic Thai cuisine
- Moon – Ocean facing restaurant serving delicious meals all through the day specializes in international cuisines.
- Sun Lounge – overlooking pool, serves the only brunch
- Star – this restaurant serves only dinner and guests can also enjoy drinks at the bar
Apart from these they also provide Spa and massage techniques which include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. The spa also has a spa tub, Sauna, Steam room. A variety of treatment therapies like aromatherapy and ayurvedic are also provided.
And this luxury resort of Koh Samui also provides various forms of entertainment to its guests. Like –
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga facility
Rate: Starting from an approx of 20,000 Rupees per night
5. The Tongsai Bay:
Famous among the honeymooners, this luxury resort of Koh Samui is one of the elite 5-star beach resorts present on the hills of the Choeng Mon Beach. This family-run, award-winning nature-loving resort develops its own Green Projects to protect the environment around it and thus becoming a role model to many resorts worldwide.
It’s a private bay spread across 29 acres of pure greenery attracting over 60 species of birds. This Koh Samui luxury resort has about 80 rooms with over 10 categories which provide unique scenic views from each of the spacious yet tastefully set accommodations.
Never before experienced food services are provided in this piece of heaven with world-renowned chefs. They have two most authentically set restaurants.
- PO-LAD Beach Bistro and Bar- A seaside dining, serving cuisines ranging for authentic Thai to western Asian infused delicacies
- Chef Chom’s Thai Restaurant – provides specialized Thai cuisine with an exemplary presentation giving it a whole new dimension of flavor
Their pool facility in itself is a sight to behold given its tranquil location over the hill. Owing to the nature-loving quality they promote non-motorized water sports activities in their private beach, such as –
- Paddleboards and
They also have their own tennis court, exercise room, gala meeting room, and gift shop.
One of the major components of Thai vacation is indulgence in its spa treatments. This Koh Samui Luxury Resort provides one of the best spa treatments. Along with fantastic spa amenities they provide relaxing massages, a herbal steam room, and an open-air bathtub for floral or milk baths.
Their signature treatments are the – Samui Dream which is traditional Thai Massage with pure coconut oil and local herbs and Returns to Prana, a 2.5 hour long Spa treatment which can be experienced only here.
Rate: Starting from about 15,000 Rupees per night
6. Amari Koh Samui:
Scenic 5 Star accommodation reflecting the laid back nature of Koh Samui amidst undisturbed nature is what describes this luxury resort of Koh Samui. With over 180 rooms to offer to its distinguished guests. Present on Chaweng Beach, this internationally famous resort provides top services to all its customers.
Present at the heart of Koh Samui, you have a range of sightseeing places very close to you.
- Chaweng Noi Beach – 45 min by walk
- Chaweng Lake – 15 min by walk
- Chaweng Thai and Phetch Buncha Boxing Stadium – 30 min by walk and
- Samui Crocodile Farm – 40 min by walk
They have 3 world-class restaurants,
- Amaya Food Gallery – Pool Side restaurant, serving international cuisines
- Prego – Specialized in Italian cuisines
- Amaya Cafe – overlooking the beautiful gardens, it is more like a coffee shop
Spa treatment here with its Breeze Spa is to die for. They provide professional Thai massages and spa treatments on the beach or inside their Spa. They provide services ranging from aromatherapy to reflexology.
Apart from all the above, you can find kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, golfing, etc around this best luxury resort of Koh Samui.
Rate: Starting from about 12,000 Rupees per night
7. Four Seasons Resort:
For a secluded but lavish stay amidst lush nature, Four Seasons is the best choice for Koh Samui’s luxury resorts. With luxuriously built beach villas to family residential houses, Four Seasons is the ultimate destination for a vacation amidst richness; nature and otherwise. Situated in the heart of the Ang Thong area which also houses the most spectacular National Marine Park, this resort offers off the charts hospitality with limousine and private jet facilities.
The dining experience here is ultimate with world-renowned chefs taking care of our food personally. They have,
- Koh Thai Kitchen – sitting on the hills overlooking the breezy ocean is this restaurant specialized in Southern Thai cuisines
- Koh Bar – Ocean facing bar with a curated wine collection
- PLa PLa – Sea Facing Barbecue grilling area
- Cocorum – Asia’s only Rum Vault and is situated facing the serene ocean
In-villa dining can also be arranged with your choice of menu.
A true example of a life in the lap of richness; this Koh Samui luxury Resort has an amazing array of amenities and services which it boasts of.
- Infinite pool of about 50 mts of pure joy facing the seamless ocean.
- World-class Spa facility; you can choose to geta treatment on the beach or in their spa rooms, or even sipping on some rum in Cocorum
- They also facilitate and encourage you to practice some Thai boxing, Yoga and also have gymnasiums
- Watersport activities are an integral part of this luxury resort in Koh Samui. They provide private yacht facilities, snorkeling, scuba diving, and many other water activities.
Thus we can keep on listing the services and amenities that make this the Best luxury resort of Koh Samui.
Rate: Approximately from about 35,000 Rupees per night
8. Centara Grand Beach Resort:
Deemed to be the best luxury resort in Koh Samui this lavish property is situated on the shores of the Chaweng Beach. Located at the epicenter of fun and entertainment, Centara Grand is just 20 minutes drive from Samui International Airport and just about 30 minutes’ drive from Samui ferry Pier. Built-in the grand style of Thai architecture, true to its name – Centara Grand houses about 200 guest rooms categorized into 7 types, all of which are lavishly decorated and have a distinctive view of either the calming pools or the serene ocean.
Adding to this opulence, they have around 7 restaurants and cafes which each portraying different kinds of cuisines from around the world.
- Palm Grove – The seafood specialist, offering indoor and outdoor seatings.
- Coast Beach Club and Bistro – An elegant seafront restaurant offering Italian cuisines.
- Islander – The Lobby Bar is a place of fine wine collection,cocktails, and exotic juices along with living music.
- Dip & Sip – Classy Poolside bar.
- Piccolo and Zing – The two coffee shops providing freshly brewed coffee along with ice creams and other treats.
They also boast of world-class Spa Amenity called The Cenvaree Spa with over 30 varieties of services on its menu ranging from Thai massage to Indian Ayurvedic therapy. They have Sauna and steam room facilities as well.
Apart from these, they have –
- Fitness and Yoga centers
- Game rooms and Kids play area
- They also offer a range of water sport activities all of which will be under the guidance of a PADI certified trainer.
Other amenities that they provide are-
- Cooking classes
- Mini Golfing
- Beauty Services and
- Happy Hours
Rate: Approximately from about 35,000 Rupees per night
9. Six Senses Samui Resort:
Aptly named Six Senses, this International Elite Resort Chain is definitely a feast to all our senses. Situated on the picturesque headland of Bophut beach is this chunk of paradise which is one of the best luxury resorts of Koh Samui. The hospitality, amenities, cultural exuberance, architectural splendor are some pointers that cannot be compared with any other resort.
Owing to its architectural inspiration to the Thai Fisherman villages they have over 66 grand villas. Out of these 52 of them have private infinity-edge swimming pools and its own garden settings. There are totally 6 types of villas with uniquely decorated interiors and the best of the class furnishing.
They have a very distinguished hospitality service which they term as GEM – Guest Experience Maker through which one is treated like royalty from being onboarded to our personal tours around the city; everything is taken care of by the Management. This truly attributes to Six Senses being the best luxury resort in Koh Samui.
Curating award-winning menus and making you feel right at home is what they specialize in. They provide a creative dining experience to all of their guests. They have their own small farm and all that is coked is mostly from farm to fork. The sight of exceptional food on your plate and the scenery in front of your eyes is like a match made in heaven. The dining options here are based on where they are situated and what they specialize in-
- Dining on the Rocks – Memorable terraced dining experience with sumptuous International delicacies.
- Dining on the Hill – Dining with a view experience with great home cooking styled Thai food.
- Drift at the Beach – A peaceful beach bar and a poolside lounge serving wood-fired grills.
- Drinks on the Hill – The main bar with a wide selection of beverages.
- Drinks on the Rocks – Another cocktail bar with a panoramic view of the ocean.
Pamper yourselves at the Six Senses Spa and Massage Center. With 6 treatment villas, yoga pavilions, saunas, steam rooms, and private sales, the professional masseuse will provide great relaxation with their signature Spa treatments and healing therapies.
Apart from all these, they have their own tours chartered to engage their guests in some productive time spending. A few of them are-
- Morning Market tour
- Wine Tasting
- Temple tour
- Culinary classes
- Island hopping
- Watersport activities
- Private Barbecue
Other close-by attractions in Samui are –
- Wat Plai Laem Temple – 2.19 km
- Big Buddha – 2.34 km
- Bo Phut Beach – 5.41 km
- Maenam Beach – 7.51 km
- Chaweng Noi Beach – 9.65 km
Rate: Approximately starting from 30,000 Rupees per night
10. The Ritz Carlton:
Present on the Pristine Plai Laem Beach, Ritz is one of the most popular luxury hotel chains all over the world. This luxury resort in Koh Samui is brimming with top-notch amenities and expert services. Spread over an opulent 58 acres of Coconut Plantation, this 5-star resort heeds to everyone’s whims and fancies.
They have an endless list of plush amenities ranging from spas to half a dozen restaurants serving mouth-watering cuisines. This Koh Samui Luxury resort houses over 170 tastefully decorated guest rooms which are classified into villas and suits. The view of the green landscapes and the blue ocean is unparalleled to any other experience you have ever had.
They have 6 world-famous restaurants providing about 13 distinct food experiences.
- Shook – The resort’s Bakery and Steak house with a grand collection of wine.
- Baan Talat – The experience of the Local Thai Street Food Stalls.
- Sea Salt – A beach and poolside restaurant popular for its comfort food and Thai delicacies.
- Pak Tai – An open-air dining is specializing in South Thai Cuisines.
- Tides – A refreshing poolside bar.
- One Rai – An intimate lounge with Pod like seating arrangements providing an awe-striking natural view.
Their Spa experience is like none other. The lavish 3800 sq mts of Spa Village Koh Samui has 8 treatment sites, yoga centers, pool cabanas, and relaxation sala. Their signature Songkran Shower is a well known pre-spa ritual inspired by the annual Thai festival of the same name.
With 2 secluded beaches and the one of its kind ocean swimming pool, The Ritz also provides a once in a lifetime opportunity of swimming along the reefs, which is extremely unique to this Best resort of Koh Samui.
Apart from these relaxing experiences they also provide fun sports activities such as;
- Muay Thai
- Mini golf
- Snorkeling etc
If you want to spend some time sightseeing there are a lot of places to be visited that are not very far away from this luxury resort of Koh Samui.
- Wat Plai Laem Temple – 1.3 km
- Big Buddha – 1.84 km
- Bo Phut Beach – 5.51 km
- Maenam Beach – 8 km
- Chaweng Noi Beach – 8.56 km and many more
Rate: Starting from around 18,000 Rupees per night.
11. Renaissance Koh Samui:
Best luxury resort of Koh Samui for a family or couple vacation. Situated on the southern tip of the Lamai Beach and only 20 min away from the International Airport, this gem of a place is a family vacationer’s favorite place. This 5 Star accommodation provides you with all the luxuries there is. Having around 78 rooms across 6 floors, there are divided into 8 categories. However, all of them are gifted with picturesque views of nature and the tranquil ocean.
The food served here is par excellence. They have 4 Restaurants, Bar/lounge areas, Coffee shops, Poolside bar, and Barbecue areas too. They also prepare what you wish to eat apart from what’s on the menu too. However, reservations have to be made prior to arriving at any restaurant.
- TawaNN Restaurant – Ocean facing and specializing in Seafood, this place only serves dinner.
- Banana Leaf – Garnering to International Menu, this restaurant overlooks the lush gardens and serving some of the best cocktails
- Tapas – With views of Gardens, this restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisines and dinner only.
- Pool Bar – Serves specialized international cuisines and only lunch
The renowned Quan Spa is a world-class Spa and Massage area in this luxury resort of Koh Samui. They have 4 exclusive treatment rooms that cater to couples too. Massage treatments are available on the beach and in the spa room as well. Services from face scrub, manicure to Thai Massage, and Mud Bath are available here. They also have Steam room facilities.
Other facilities provided by this famous beach resort are-
- Fitness facility
- Rowing or canoeing
- Yoga Facility
Though the resort itself has all the facilities and keeps you occupied, there are other sightseeing places within a diameter of about 10 kilometers from the resort. some of them are –
- Hin Taand Hin Yai – 3 to 4km
- Chaweng Beach – 6km
- Namuang Waterfall – 13km
- Big Buddha Statue – 14km
Rate: Approximately from 11,000 per night
12. Muang Samui Spa Resort:
A 5 Star super luxury resort in Koh Samui is situated on the main Chaweng Beach overlooking the transcending waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The Architecture is eco friendly and features terracotta tiles in each of its rooms. Just about 15 min drive from the international airport, they have a total of 53 spectacular suites out of which 14 of them are gorgeous pool villas. These are further divided into four types of accommodations depending on the view the rooms are open to.
There are 2 internationally renowned restaurants, Beach and Poolside bars, Lounge, and a barbecue grill area as well. They serve international cuisines prepared by some of the world’s best chefs. They take a lot of care to curate your meals on a daily basis.
- Lare Lae Restaurant- A beachfront restaurant serving delicious international cuisines as breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Samui Seafood Grill- Specializes in Seafood. Serves both lunch and dinner.
This best resort in Koh Samui also has a fully equipped spa and massage center. The Rai-Ra Spa is a classy spa offering professional Thai Massage and other Spa treatments including reflexology and aromatherapy. They also have their own hair salon.
Other attractions in Koh Samui close to Muang Samui and can be reached by walk are –
- Chaweng Lake – 11 min
- Central Festival Samui – 7 min
- Boxing Stadiums – 25 min etc.
Rate: Starts from about Rupees 15,000 per night
These luxury resorts of Koh Samui are like pieces of heaven on Earth. Though they may be a bit on the expensive side; their experience, services, and amenities are worth every praise you spend.
Just concentrate on packing your luggage and leave all the booking details to be taken care of, with us. Enjoy your holidays with your loved ones like never before amidst, nature, and luxury all in one place.